Re: [nslu2-general] Digest Number 1580

  • Mai Kee Reis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 12:19 PM
      > 2. I need to clone my working nslu2
      > Posted by: "Timothy C Litwiller" tim@... timlitw
      > Date: Thu May 20, 2010 1:29 am ((PDT))
      >
      > I have a nslu2 that I setup 3 years ago. It has been working flawlessly
      > for the entire time.
      >
      > It reads the data from my davis vantageII weather station anduploads it
      > to aprs and wunderground.com every 2 minutes.
      >
      > I want to make an exact duplicate and then edit several settings to do
      > this to another weather station.
      >
      > I've tried to do a backup a year or so ago - but when restored to a new
      > nslu2 it didn't work.
      >
      > Now I worry that if anything ever went wrong with mine I couldn't get it
      > running again without researching the whole process again.
      >
      > Is there any method that will do a complete backup and restore of the
      > nslu2 and the 2Gb USB drive or a method to do a complete clone from one
      > setup to another?

      At least some German descriptions are here:
      <http://nslu2-info.de/index.php?form=Search&searchID=23037&highlight=umziehen>
      "umziehen" is German for "move"

      I know, the following link is for a real working example:
      <http://nslu2-info.de/board8-nslu2/debian-auf-der-nslu2/6296-umzug-von-1gb-auf-2gb-stick-gt-partitonsgr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe-%C3%A4ndern/?highlight=umziehen>
      because BoehserWolf is a coworker in my real life.