Re: [nslu2-general] NSLU2, unslung 6.10 and ds9490r

  • Jussi Puustinen
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2010
      Thanks!

      Digitemp works fine.
      Problem is oww (one wire weather) and owfs (one wire file system).

      Here is oww debug output:

      /Setup read from: /opt/etc/oww/setupNG
      Devices read from: /opt/etc/oww/devices
      applctn_startup_finished. Debug to ""
      Interactive? Yes
      bound Unix socket
      bound Unix socket
      owAcquireEx: com = USB
      1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
      1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
      Check connexions and setup
      RETRY:Will restart in 5 seconds
      owAcquireEx: com = USB
      1-wire Error: Open COM Failed
      1-wire Error: Failed to acquire a necessary system resource
      state_zombie -> state_wsdead
      Problem with link or weather station

      Robert Hammond wrote:
      > The unslung feeds seem to be currently broken so I have attached the
      > libusb ipk to this email that contains the digitemp patch. Hope that
      > it works for you.
      >

      > In message <hsosk5+vs04@...>, JaskaJ <jkphome@...> writes
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Digitemp reads my sensors and adapter.
      >> oww and owfs dont see adapter at all.
      >> libusb is v. 0.1.12
      >>
      >> What to try next?
      >>

      >> Regards,
      >>
      >> Jussi

    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2010
        The build notes for the latest oww 0.83.2 contain a note that states
        that the USB option is broken with this version under certain
        circumstances and with certain adapters.

        The oww support forum has many recent messages on this. There are a
        number of fixes posted to the forum, one of which is to temporarily
        down grade to oww version 0.82.1 where there is also a link to download
        this earlier version.

        Suggest that you read through these forum postings and check some of the
        possible fixes mentioned.

        In message <4BF2D738.7090709@...>, Jussi Puustinen
        <jkphome@...> writes

        --