Qemu package on Synology DS-508.

  • devineme
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 11:12 PM
      After reviewing the mailing lists on nslu2-linux.org I decided to post here. The Qemu documentation on nslu2-linux.org suggest that Qemu-user mode is working. Whomever compiled it did a great job because Qemu-user mode is NOT the only thing working. I've have been able to get a working QEMU (non-user mode) FreeDOS image up and running on a Synology DS-508. However the only problem is there is no (at least seems that way) networking communication between the Guest and Host OS. The code supporting the communication might have been "cut out" or "clipped" unknowingly to get it (v0.8.1) to compile. Given Synology is optware branch, I thought it fitting to post this group because I think the Qemu package is something that might have been overlooked, deemed as "experimental" or "that'll never work". Well it DOES work. I'm hoping someone will revisit and review the missing or clipped code because it would open some new possibilities for all the optware branches. I documented my notes on the Synology forums for those who care to read them. Thanks.

      Syno Post.
      http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21036&p=93667&hilit=qemu#p93667