Re: flash image

  • f.bratschi
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
      hello mike

      i think, you dont know what i mean, i wanted to flash redboot from the slug image, but i did a mistake and erased the flash beginning on 0x5000000 and not 50000000 and so, if i reflash redboot, i dont get any messages on boot... i think there would be something below redboot?

      flo

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

      > All unslung and SlugOS images on the nslu2-linux.org website are full
      > flash images, containing the redboot bootloader. (The various tools for
      > flashing your NSLU2 know not to reflash the bootloader, but we still go
      > through the trouble to put it in those images anyway, for exactly the
      > situations you are in.) Note that once you restore the flash image with
      > jtag, you'll have to reset the MAC address manually in the flash.
      > Information on where this is stored and/or how to do this should be on
      > the wiki.
      > -Mike (mwester)
      >
      > f.bratschi wrote:
      > > hello
      > >
      > > could anyone provide me a full flash image? i wanted to use apex for my fat slug and destroyed redboot, then i wanted to flash redboot with urjtag, but does not seems to work, so i think, a full flash image would help me, beginning from the lowest adress on the flash.
      > >
      > > thx a lot

    • Mike Westerhof
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
        f.bratschi wrote:
        > hello mike
        >
        > i think, you dont know what i mean, i wanted to flash redboot from the slug image, but i did a mistake and erased the flash beginning on 0x5000000 and not 50000000 and so, if i reflash redboot, i dont get any messages on boot... i think there would be something below redboot?

        The image contains everything you should need to boot it, starting from
        the very first address in flash.

        > flo
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:
        >
        >> All unslung and SlugOS images on the nslu2-linux.org website are full
        >> flash images, containing the redboot bootloader. (The various tools for
        >> flashing your NSLU2 know not to reflash the bootloader, but we still go
        >> through the trouble to put it in those images anyway, for exactly the
        >> situations you are in.) Note that once you restore the flash image with
        >> jtag, you'll have to reset the MAC address manually in the flash.
        >> Information on where this is stored and/or how to do this should be on
        >> the wiki.
        >> -Mike (mwester)
        >>
        >> f.bratschi wrote:
        >>
        >>> hello
        >>>
        >>> could anyone provide me a full flash image? i wanted to use apex for my fat slug and destroyed redboot, then i wanted to flash redboot with urjtag, but does not seems to work, so i think, a full flash image would help me, beginning from the lowest adress on the flash.
        >>>
        >>> thx a lot

        -Mike (mwester)
      • f.bratschi
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
          but what could be the problem, that i have no output on the rs232 interface? i think, 0x50000000 is the correct start address?

          thx flo