flash image

  • f.bratschi
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
      hello

      could anyone provide me a full flash image? i wanted to use apex for my fat slug and destroyed redboot, then i wanted to flash redboot with urjtag, but does not seems to work, so i think, a full flash image would help me, beginning from the lowest adress on the flash.

      thx a lot
    • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
        All unslung and SlugOS images on the nslu2-linux.org website are full
        flash images, containing the redboot bootloader. (The various tools for
        flashing your NSLU2 know not to reflash the bootloader, but we still go
        through the trouble to put it in those images anyway, for exactly the
        situations you are in.) Note that once you restore the flash image with
        jtag, you'll have to reset the MAC address manually in the flash.
        Information on where this is stored and/or how to do this should be on
        the wiki.
        -Mike (mwester)

        f.bratschi wrote:
        > hello
        >
        > could anyone provide me a full flash image? i wanted to use apex for my fat slug and destroyed redboot, then i wanted to flash redboot with urjtag, but does not seems to work, so i think, a full flash image would help me, beginning from the lowest adress on the flash.
        >
        > thx a lot

      • f.bratschi
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
          hello mike

          i think, you dont know what i mean, i wanted to flash redboot from the slug image, but i did a mistake and erased the flash beginning on 0x5000000 and not 50000000 and so, if i reflash redboot, i dont get any messages on boot... i think there would be something below redboot?

          flo

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

          > All unslung and SlugOS images on the nslu2-linux.org website are full
          > flash images, containing the redboot bootloader. (The various tools for
          > flashing your NSLU2 know not to reflash the bootloader, but we still go
          > through the trouble to put it in those images anyway, for exactly the
          > situations you are in.) Note that once you restore the flash image with
          > jtag, you'll have to reset the MAC address manually in the flash.
          > Information on where this is stored and/or how to do this should be on
          > the wiki.
          > -Mike (mwester)
          >
          > f.bratschi wrote:
          > > hello
          > >
          > > could anyone provide me a full flash image? i wanted to use apex for my fat slug and destroyed redboot, then i wanted to flash redboot with urjtag, but does not seems to work, so i think, a full flash image would help me, beginning from the lowest adress on the flash.
          > >
          > > thx a lot

        • Mike Westerhof
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
            f.bratschi wrote:
            > hello mike
            >
            > i think, you dont know what i mean, i wanted to flash redboot from the slug image, but i did a mistake and erased the flash beginning on 0x5000000 and not 50000000 and so, if i reflash redboot, i dont get any messages on boot... i think there would be something below redboot?

            The image contains everything you should need to boot it, starting from
            the very first address in flash.

            > flo
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:
            >
            >> All unslung and SlugOS images on the nslu2-linux.org website are full
            >> flash images, containing the redboot bootloader. (The various tools for
            >> flashing your NSLU2 know not to reflash the bootloader, but we still go
            >> through the trouble to put it in those images anyway, for exactly the
            >> situations you are in.) Note that once you restore the flash image with
            >> jtag, you'll have to reset the MAC address manually in the flash.
            >> Information on where this is stored and/or how to do this should be on
            >> the wiki.
            >> -Mike (mwester)
            >>
            >> f.bratschi wrote:
            >>
            >>> hello
            >>>
            >>> could anyone provide me a full flash image? i wanted to use apex for my fat slug and destroyed redboot, then i wanted to flash redboot with urjtag, but does not seems to work, so i think, a full flash image would help me, beginning from the lowest adress on the flash.
            >>>
            >>> thx a lot

            -Mike (mwester)
          • f.bratschi
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
              but what could be the problem, that i have no output on the rs232 interface? i think, 0x50000000 is the correct start address?

              thx flo