Fstab or mount command?

  • Charles Chambers
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2010
      Does anyone have any suggestions on an fstab entry (or possibly just a
      working mount command line) that will work on:

      Debian lenny 5.0.3
      Samba 2.3.2.5
      NSLU Firmware v2.3r25 (stock)

    • Carl Lowenstein
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2010
        On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Charles Chambers <cchamb2@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any suggestions on an fstab entry (or possibly just a
        > working mount command line) that will work on:
        >
        > Debian lenny 5.0.3
        > Samba 2.3.2.5
        > NSLU Firmware v2.3r25 (stock)

        How about some more information on what it is you are trying to do.

        carl
        --
        carl lowenstein  <clowenstein@...>
      • cchamb2
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Carl Lowenstein <clowenstein@...> wrote:

          > On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Charles Chambers <cchamb2@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Does anyone have any suggestions on an fstab entry (or possibly just a
          > > working mount command line) that will work on:
          > >
          > > Debian lenny 5.0.3
          > > Samba 2.3.2.5
          > > NSLU Firmware v2.3r25 (stock)
          > >

          > How about some more information on what it is you are trying to do.

          I've got a desktop running Debian Lenny (5.0.3). I've included Samba
          2.3.2.5 and smbclient in the installed packages. I'm trying to put a file folder on the desktop so that a) the Debian computer connects to the NSLU2 on startup, and b) I can open a file folder on the desktop of the Debian commputer and browse to the first of two NSLU2 I have connected up to my network.

          I'm looking for the exact fstab entry to mount the NSLU2 as part of the filesystem.

          It should be something in the form of either:

          mount -t cifs -o user="admin",password="" "//192.168.0.78/LINKSYS1/disk0%201 /mnt/nslu/LINKSYS1/disk1

          (added to the rc.d file if I remember correctly...I can hack that and find it)

          or the equivalient fstab entry.

          Putting the file folder on the desktop is no problem. Getting the NSLU2 joined to the filesystem with either of the two above entries is the problem.
        • Gary
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
            This is the fstab entry that I use:
            //192.168.0.187/toybox /mnt/nslu2 cifs
            credentials=/etc/nslu2.conf,iocharset=iso8859-1,uid=1000,gid=100 0 0

            192.168.0.187 is the IP address of the nslu2. Its name is not in DNS.
            The userid and password are in the file /etc/nalu2.conf.

            garbara3