Credentials problem with Windows 7

  • thekitehunter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2010
      I have two NSLU2s, one used as a 3-disk file server with Unslung 6.10beta, the other as an FTP access point to my Topfield with Unslung 5.5beta, though there is a hard disk attached to its other USB port. After upgrading to Windows 7, I couldn't access the disk attached to the 5.5beta unit, the other was ok. After Googling, it seems that this is a common problem with Windows 7 and NAS units. The solution at:
      http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30539-samba-shares-home-premium.html
      cured the problem and involves simply adding the following registry key:

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
      "LmCompatibilityLevel" DWord = 2

      and rebooting