ircd-hybrid installs fine but won't start

  • guillaume.salagnac
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2010
      Hi list,

      I'm a newcomer here, so I might not be asking my question at the right place.
      Please feel free to redirect me somewhere else if relevant.

      I'm trying to install ircd-hybrid on a DS-101, and I'm getting pretty much the same symptoms as those reported on this page:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SetupIRCd

      I.e. the daemon installs fine (via ipkg), seems to start correctly, but actually exits right away with no visible side effect (e.g. PID file, etc) nor any given reason.

      I've tried sudoing, or messing around with ircd.conf, but with no luck at all. Actually, I found pretty little documentation on all that (ircd, ipkg, NSLU2-Linux, and so on) so I feel a bit lost.

      Any suggestions ?
      Thanks in advance.