Help me on the Transmission compile?

  • billy.jeans
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2010
      I recently update my Transmission to the current release and found it not as stable as 1.7.6 versions. I would like to downgraded to 1.7.6. However I could not found the build ipk package, so I tried to do a cross compile by myself in CentOS5 and hndtools3.2.3. The compiled ipk installed successfully, however the transmission refuse to run and complains:
      transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
      I tried run "ln -s librt-0.9.28.so librt.so.0", the error message turns into:
      transmission-daemon: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)
      transmission-daemon: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)
      Inconsistency detected by ld.so: do-lookup.h: 103: do_lookup_versioned: Assertion `version->filename == ((void *)0) || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!

      Without changing anything, the official transmission.ipk works perfectly.
      Could you help me on this compilation and tell me what is doing wrong here? Thanks!
      The following are my steps:
      Download hndtools-3.2.3:
      http://www.usr.com/support/gpl/hndtools-3.2.3.tar.gz

      # cd /opt
      # tar zxf /path/too/hndtools-3.2.3.tar.gz
      # echo "export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/bin" >>~/.bashrc
      # source ~/.bashrc
      # mkdir /optware
      # cd /optware
      # svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
      # make -C optware mss-target
      # cd optware/mss
      # make directories ipkg-utils toolchain
      # make transmission-dirclean transmission-ipk
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2010
        Probably you were building transmission for the wrong target.

        AFAIK, mss feed has not been updated for a long time. There's no transmission version > 1.0 in that feed. So the feed you have been using on your device probably is not mss.

        Just do a "ipkg info transmission" to find out what feed you're actually using. And try to build ipk with the matching optware target.

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "billy.jeans" <music_yaoguai@...> wrote:

        > I recently update my Transmission to the current release and found it not as stable as 1.7.6 versions. I would like to downgraded to 1.7.6. However I could not found the build ipk package, so I tried to do a cross compile by myself in CentOS5 and hndtools3.2.3. The compiled ipk installed successfully, however the transmission refuse to run and complains:
        > transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
        > I tried run "ln -s librt-0.9.28.so librt.so.0", the error message turns into:
        > transmission-daemon: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)
        > transmission-daemon: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)
        > Inconsistency detected by ld.so: do-lookup.h: 103: do_lookup_versioned: Assertion `version->filename == ((void *)0) || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!
        >
        > Without changing anything, the official transmission.ipk works perfectly.
        > Could you help me on this compilation and tell me what is doing wrong here? Thanks!
        > The following are my steps:
        > Download hndtools-3.2.3:
        > http://www.usr.com/support/gpl/hndtools-3.2.3.tar.gz
        >
        > # cd /opt
        > # tar zxf /path/too/hndtools-3.2.3.tar.gz
        > # echo "export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/bin" >>~/.bashrc
        > # source ~/.bashrc
        > # mkdir /optware
        > # cd /optware
        > # svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
        > # make -C optware mss-target
        > # cd optware/mss
        > # make directories ipkg-utils toolchain
        > # make transmission-dirclean transmission-ipk

      • jl0242
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4 3:03 PM

          I recently just did exactly the same! I upgraded to Transmission 1.80 and experienced a load of problems. I then found that I couldn't downgrade back to 1.76 using ipkg. My thread is here:

          I cross-compiled my own build of Transmission 1.76 using Ubuntu Gutsy. I find Gutsy is a good choice because it has a compatible version of gcc, where later versions of Ubuntu have a gcc that is too new. Do you want me to email you the ipk?

          Once you have the ipk, you need to do a little extra work with ipkg to get it to install 1.76 (an older version). I wrote a little script that performs the downgrade which I can also send.

          Cheers!

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "billy.jeans" <music_yaoguai@...> wrote:

          > I recently update my Transmission to the current release and found it not as stable as 1.7.6 versions. I would like to downgraded to 1.7.6. However I could not found the build ipk package, so I tried to do a cross compile by myself in CentOS5 and hndtools3.2.3. The compiled ipk installed successfully, however the transmission refuse to run and complains:
          > transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
          > I tried run "ln -s librt-0.9.28.so librt.so.0", the error message turns into:
          > transmission-daemon: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)
          > transmission-daemon: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)
          > Inconsistency detected by ld.so: do-lookup.h: 103: do_lookup_versioned: Assertion `version->filename == ((void *)0) || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!
          >
          > Without changing anything, the official transmission.ipk works perfectly.
          > Could you help me on this compilation and tell me what is doing wrong here? Thanks!
          > The following are my steps:
          > Download hndtools-3.2.3:
          > http://www.usr.com/support/gpl/hndtools-3.2.3.tar.gz
          >
          > # cd /opt
          > # tar zxf /path/too/hndtools-3.2.3.tar.gz
          > # echo "export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/bin" >>~/.bashrc
          > # source ~/.bashrc
          > # mkdir /optware
          > # cd /optware
          > # svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
          > # make -C optware mss-target
          > # cd optware/mss
          > # make directories ipkg-utils toolchain
          > # make transmission-dirclean transmission-ipk

        • 音乐妖怪
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5 5:19 AM
            Thank you Brian!
            I found myself running oleg on my mss, so I checked the instructions at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/Optware-uClibcBuild
            It is working now!!!
            Know that I love you
            Know I don't care
            Know that I see you
            Know I'm not there

            发件人: Brian <b88zhou@...>
            收件人: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
            发送日期: 2010/3/1 (周一) 12:37:35 上午
            主 题: [nslu2-general] Re: Help me on the Transmission compile?