Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Bifferboard; replacement for NSLU2

  • Paul Carmichael
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
      ----- Original Message ----

      > From: docbillnet <yahoo@...>
      > Subject: [nslu2-general] Re: Bifferboard; replacement for NSLU2
      >
      > Never mind, I should have read the description better. Apparently it includes a
      > case. It doesn't mention if it also includes the power adapter, but I would
      > hope so...

      No power supply. I had to improvise. GBP49 plus postage for the board with case. The case broke when I had to open it again.

      Two USB ports, one of which has the OS stick on it and I have an external hard drive in the other. Tried to connect a printer to a USB hub, but made funny noises and killed the Biffer. There's a card slot, but using this disables one of the USB ports.

      It's a NAS and works as such. Oh, and boots in a few seconds. Even with samba and a web server. Just a shame the printer doesn't work.