Downgrade transmission using ipkg?

  • jl0242
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010

      I recently did an ipkg update & upgrade and received an update from Transmission 1.76 to 1.80. Is there any way I can downgrade back to 1.76 using ipkg?

      I'm having a number of problems with version 1.80. The transmission-daemon process terminates regularly, and I've seen a huge increase in the number of pieces failing their checksum test (shown in /var/log/messages). I've been trying to download a few different torrents and after around a week of sporadic downloading I've received a total of around 3Mb. I'm pretty certain these problems started with the update.

      Does anyone have access to the 1.76 ipk?

      Cheers,
      Joe
    • jl0242
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
        Okay, I've just built and installed my own transmission_1.76-1_armeb.ipk.

        Had to:
        - create cross-compile environment & make transmission-ipk
        - remove transmission_1.80-1
        - mv /etc/ipkg /etc/ipkg.bak
        - ipkg install transmission_1.76-1_armeb.ipk
        - mv /etc/ipkg.bak /etc/ipkg

        Next time I do an ipkg update && ipkg upgrade, I don't want 1.80-1 to be installed. Is there any way I can protect this package from update by ipkg?

        Cheers!