Re: Who runs the wiki? Image hosting site going offline

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
      If it comes to that, I'm willing to host the images.

      Martin

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki? I wrote the "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at nastylittlehorse.net.
      >
      > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
      >
      > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining the wiki any more?
      >

      > Dave.

    • jl0242
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
        What about imageshack or photobucket?

        AFAIK they both allow hotlinking.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki? I wrote the "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at nastylittlehorse.net.
        >
        > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
        >
        > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining the wiki any more?
        >

        > Dave.

      • Philip Tait
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
          Maybe send a note to Rod Whitby ( http://www.rwhitby.net/ ) requesting
          that uploads be enabled for that page? He seems to be the owner of the
          domain, per whois.

          On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 21:17 +0000, jl0242 wrote:

          > What about imageshack or photobucket?
          >
          > AFAIK they both allow hotlinking.
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi there,
          > >
          > > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki?
          > I wrote the
          > "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and
          > hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at
          > nastylittlehorse.net.
          > >
          > > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and
          > the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the
          > wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
          > >
          > > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining
          > the wiki any more?
          > >

          > > Dave.

        • david_hicks_nslu2
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
            Hey, thanks for that, I didn't think of using whois. D'oh!

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Philip Tait <pjtait@...> wrote:

            > Maybe send a note to Rod Whitby ( http://www.rwhitby.net/ ) requesting
            > that uploads be enabled for that page? He seems to be the owner of the
            > domain, per whois.
            >
            > On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 21:17 +0000, jl0242 wrote:
            > >
            > > What about imageshack or photobucket?
            > >
            > > AFAIK they both allow hotlinking.
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi there,
            > > >
            > > > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki?
            > > I wrote the
            > > "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and
            > > hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at
            > > nastylittlehorse.net.
            > > >
            > > > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and
            > > the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the
            > > wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
            > > >
            > > > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining
            > > the wiki any more?
            > > >

            > > > Dave.

          • david_hicks_nslu2
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
              Thanks for that, if I have no luck with the wiki owner I'll take you up on that.