Who runs the wiki? Image hosting site going offline

  • david_hicks_nslu2
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2010
      Hi there,

      Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki? I wrote the "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at nastylittlehorse.net.

      I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the wiki admins and get them to host the images there?

      Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining the wiki any more?

      Dave.
    • Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
        If it comes to that, I'm willing to host the images.

        Martin

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki? I wrote the "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at nastylittlehorse.net.
        >
        > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
        >
        > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining the wiki any more?
        >

        > Dave.

      • jl0242
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
          What about imageshack or photobucket?

          AFAIK they both allow hotlinking.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@...> wrote:

          > Hi there,
          >
          > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki? I wrote the "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at nastylittlehorse.net.
          >
          > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
          >
          > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining the wiki any more?
          >

          > Dave.

        • Philip Tait
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
            Maybe send a note to Rod Whitby ( http://www.rwhitby.net/ ) requesting
            that uploads be enabled for that page? He seems to be the owner of the
            domain, per whois.

            On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 21:17 +0000, jl0242 wrote:

            > What about imageshack or photobucket?
            >
            > AFAIK they both allow hotlinking.
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi there,
            > >
            > > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki?
            > I wrote the
            > "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and
            > hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at
            > nastylittlehorse.net.
            > >
            > > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and
            > the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the
            > wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
            > >
            > > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining
            > the wiki any more?
            > >

            > > Dave.

          • david_hicks_nslu2
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
              Hey, thanks for that, I didn't think of using whois. D'oh!

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Philip Tait <pjtait@...> wrote:

              > Maybe send a note to Rod Whitby ( http://www.rwhitby.net/ ) requesting
              > that uploads be enabled for that page? He seems to be the owner of the
              > domain, per whois.
              >
              > On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 21:17 +0000, jl0242 wrote:
              > >
              > > What about imageshack or photobucket?
              > >
              > > AFAIK they both allow hotlinking.
              > >
              > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "david_hicks_nslu2" <ups@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi there,
              > > >
              > > > Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the nslu2-linux wiki?
              > > I wrote the
              > > "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddInternalWireless" page and
              > > hosted most of the images from my domain (actually from my slug) at
              > > nastylittlehorse.net.
              > > >
              > > > I'm emigrating soon, the domain is going offline indefinitely and
              > > the slugs going to a new home, so - how can I get in touch with the
              > > wiki admins and get them to host the images there?
              > > >
              > > > Or is the NSLU2 such old news that nobody cares about maintaining
              > > the wiki any more?
              > > >

              > > > Dave.

            • david_hicks_nslu2
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
                Thanks for that, if I have no luck with the wiki owner I'll take you up on that.