Re: Access Denied Error

  • vi_sharan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2010
      I am logging via openssh. Checked the var/log/messages couldn't find anything related to openssh

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Westerhof <mwester@...> wrote:

      > vi_sharan wrote:
      > > I have connected a second 500GB Seagate USB Drive to my disk2 port. After sometime I start getting Access denied when I try logging on to my slug....Until I remove this disk2 & reboot it wont let me in...
      > > the disk2 is ext 3 format....
      > >
      > I'm going to take a guess here that you are running Unslung. Perhaps
      > you have run into the issue described in the section on the wiki about
      > which port to use? (You'll have to search; I don't have the page handy).
      >
      > If that's not it, then you'll have to provide additional information.
      > Where do you see this message? Are you logging in via telnet, ssh, or
      > web server? What firmware? What, precisely, do you mean by "the dis2
      > is ext 3 format" -- did you format it on the slug using the Unslung web
      > gui, or was it formatted on another Linux system?
      >
      > -Mike (mwester)

    • Mike Westerhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
        vi_sharan wrote:
        > I am logging via openssh. Checked the var/log/messages couldn't find anything related to openssh
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Westerhof <mwester@...> wrote:
        >
        >> vi_sharan wrote:
        >>
        >>> I have connected a second 500GB Seagate USB Drive to my disk2 port. After sometime I start getting Access denied when I try logging on to my slug....Until I remove this disk2 & reboot it wont let me in...
        >>> the disk2 is ext 3 format....
        >>>

        >> I'm going to take a guess here that you are running Unslung. Perhaps
        >> you have run into the issue described in the section on the wiki about
        >> which port to use? (You'll have to search; I don't have the page handy).
        >>
        >> If that's not it, then you'll have to provide additional information.
        >> Where do you see this message? Are you logging in via telnet, ssh, or
        >> web server? What firmware? What, precisely, do you mean by "the dis2
        >> is ext 3 format" -- did you format it on the slug using the Unslung web
        >> gui, or was it formatted on another Linux system?
        >>
        >> -Mike (mwester)

        I'm still betting that you are running into the issue described in the
        wiki -- you can't add a second disk device to an already-unslung system
        unless you planned for it from the beginning. I think the wiki outlines
        the issue, and may provide some work-arounds. In a nutshell, when you
        add a second natively-formatted hard drive to the Linksys firmware, most
        configurations will end up with the new disk's config partition
        replacing the existing config partition, which causes all sorts of havoc.

        -Mike (mwester)