3g USB model linux driver (model ZTE MF 632)

  • radmil.pandev
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2010
      Hi there,
      I bought recently NSLU2. What I am trying now is to set it up to my nslu2.
      I found how to do it with another Huawei E622, but as hardware is different I tryed to find specificlly for this one.

      What I found is in one blog post is the following:
      I got a ZTE MF632 device working under Ubuntu Hardy with KPPP.

      Create a new file /etc/udev/rules.d/57-zte-net.rules and put the following in it
      ACTION!="add", GOTO="ZTE_End"

      # Is this the ZeroCD device?
      SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="2000",
      SYSFS{idVendor}=="19d2", GOTO="ZTE_ZeroCD"

      # Is this the actual modem?
      SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0001",
      SYSFS{idVendor}=="19d2", GOTO="ZTE_Modem"

      LABEL="ZTE_ZeroCD"
      # This is the ZeroCD part of the card, remove
      # the usb_storage kernel module so
      # it does not get treated like a storage device
      RUN+="/sbin/rmmod usb_storage"

      LABEL="ZTE_Modem"
      # This is the Modem part of the card, let's
      # load usbserial with the correct vendor
      # and product ID's so we get our usb serial devices
      RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x19d2 product=0x0001",
      # Make users belonging to the dialout group
      # able to use the usb serial devices.
      MODE="660", GROUP="dialout"

      LABEL="ZTE_End"
      Plug your device in the USB port. This should create three new devices /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1 and /dev/ttyUSB2. You now can use the first one to connect to the network.
      Use your favourite PPP program to configure new connection. Don't forget to set the following parameters:
      Modem initialization string 2 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","globul"
      Phone = *99***1#
      Username = globul
      Password = globul

      Can you help me if this will work?