Access Denied Error

  • vi_sharan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
      I have connected a second 500GB Seagate USB Drive to my disk2 port. After sometime I start getting Access denied when I try logging on to my slug....Until I remove this disk2 & reboot it wont let me in...
      the disk2 is ext 3 format....
    • Mike Westerhof
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
        vi_sharan wrote:
        > I have connected a second 500GB Seagate USB Drive to my disk2 port. After sometime I start getting Access denied when I try logging on to my slug....Until I remove this disk2 & reboot it wont let me in...
        > the disk2 is ext 3 format....

        I'm going to take a guess here that you are running Unslung. Perhaps
        you have run into the issue described in the section on the wiki about
        which port to use? (You'll have to search; I don't have the page handy).

        If that's not it, then you'll have to provide additional information.
        Where do you see this message? Are you logging in via telnet, ssh, or
        web server? What firmware? What, precisely, do you mean by "the dis2
        is ext 3 format" -- did you format it on the slug using the Unslung web
        gui, or was it formatted on another Linux system?

        -Mike (mwester)
      • vi_sharan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2010
          I am logging via openssh. Checked the var/log/messages couldn't find anything related to openssh

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Westerhof <mwester@...> wrote:

          > vi_sharan wrote:
          > > I have connected a second 500GB Seagate USB Drive to my disk2 port. After sometime I start getting Access denied when I try logging on to my slug....Until I remove this disk2 & reboot it wont let me in...
          > > the disk2 is ext 3 format....
          > >
          > I'm going to take a guess here that you are running Unslung. Perhaps
          > you have run into the issue described in the section on the wiki about
          > which port to use? (You'll have to search; I don't have the page handy).
          >
          > If that's not it, then you'll have to provide additional information.
          > Where do you see this message? Are you logging in via telnet, ssh, or
          > web server? What firmware? What, precisely, do you mean by "the dis2
          > is ext 3 format" -- did you format it on the slug using the Unslung web
          > gui, or was it formatted on another Linux system?
          >
          > -Mike (mwester)

        • Mike Westerhof
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
            vi_sharan wrote:
            > I am logging via openssh. Checked the var/log/messages couldn't find anything related to openssh
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Mike Westerhof <mwester@...> wrote:
            >
            >> vi_sharan wrote:
            >>
            >>> I have connected a second 500GB Seagate USB Drive to my disk2 port. After sometime I start getting Access denied when I try logging on to my slug....Until I remove this disk2 & reboot it wont let me in...
            >>> the disk2 is ext 3 format....
            >>>

            >> I'm going to take a guess here that you are running Unslung. Perhaps
            >> you have run into the issue described in the section on the wiki about
            >> which port to use? (You'll have to search; I don't have the page handy).
            >>
            >> If that's not it, then you'll have to provide additional information.
            >> Where do you see this message? Are you logging in via telnet, ssh, or
            >> web server? What firmware? What, precisely, do you mean by "the dis2
            >> is ext 3 format" -- did you format it on the slug using the Unslung web
            >> gui, or was it formatted on another Linux system?
            >>
            >> -Mike (mwester)

            I'm still betting that you are running into the issue described in the
            wiki -- you can't add a second disk device to an already-unslung system
            unless you planned for it from the beginning. I think the wiki outlines
            the issue, and may provide some work-arounds. In a nutshell, when you
            add a second natively-formatted hard drive to the Linksys firmware, most
            configurations will end up with the new disk's config partition
            replacing the existing config partition, which causes all sorts of havoc.

            -Mike (mwester)