Re: Slow rsync speed between usb drives

  • cnczane
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 20, 2010
      I'm sorry I don't buy it.

      I regularly get 3.0+MB/s (quoting rsync's --progress) between slugs with two hard-drives each. All four of my slugs are de-underclocked, and all of their hard drives are externally powered. I started with Maxtors but lately use internal harddrives upended in BlacX.

      I did have compression enabled once, because I am silly, and the speed dropped into the KB-ish range. (Compressing compressed files only expands time...)