Re: [nslu2-general] hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc'

  • enso
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2010
      There are many cases reported where the RTC for the NSLU2 fails for some
      reason or another (see the mailing list archives). IIRC, you will have
      to open up the device, and remove and/or replace the battery on the
      circuit board to make the RTC work again.

      -Mike (mwester)

      Hi Mike,
      Thanks for reply...
      Honestly, I tried to reset the RTC by removing the battery (for 2 hours)
      (even before I wrote to the forum) but it doesn't help.
      Now, I tried to measure the voltage (Vbat) directly on chip and thatway I
      pulled the residential voltage (of some capacitors) down and when I connect
      the battery back, it works perfectly.
      BTW: The real clock chip is ISL12026IBZ...

      Thanks ;)