Simple website, using NSLU2, DynDNS and TCP 80

  • JohnathanStein
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      I'm trying to setup a simple website, using the NSLU2.

      So far, I've setup the device, and can open it with my browser locally, using "http://stein_server/FLASH_1_1_1/website/index.html". Works fine.

      Next, I set the firewall on my router (2Wire, model 2701 HG-S) to open TCP Port 80 to the NAT address of the NAS. The tool (https://www.dyndns.com/support/tools/openport.html) confirms that it is open.

      Then, I set up an address here at DynDNS.com, "samanthazone.gotdns.com", and have installed the DynDNS Updater utility (without Internet Guide, as I am using OpenDNS on the router).

      However, when I try to access "http://www.samanthazone.gotdns.com/", I get a "Not Loading" error.

      Same for "http://www.samanthazone.gotdns.com//stein_server/FLASH_1_1_1/website/index.html".

      What am I doing wrong?

      --Johnathan
    • stanley_p_miller_qaz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
        Check to see if your ISP is blocking ports, if 80 is blocked try setting things up to use 81 or 8080.

        Are you trying to access it from within your same LAN as the slug is located on? Sometimes that can be an issue but you can see it from a browser outside your LAN.

        The good news is if you can see it locally the slug is set up correctly.