Re: HW failure on USB or corrupted firmware?

  • oh7ka
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2009
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)"
      > > usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
      > > !!!abort_handler addr = 0xb7fe5f5d, isr = 0x3, status = 0xb2a0
      > > !!!abort_handler addr = 0xb7fe5f5d, isr = 0x3, status = 0x22a0
      > >
      > > Any suggestions how to proceed or should I just give up and try
      > > to find a new NSLU? Anyone having had similar problems?
      > > My NSLU is manufactured 1/2008.
      > >
      > It's not a software/firmware issue. But before you toss the unit out,
      > try replacing the power supply -- there are many who have reported
      > similar sorts of issues caused by weak or failing PSUs.

      Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it seems that PSU is not
      the culprit. After reading the discussions, one of the first
      things I tried was to try with a 5 V DC supplied by a large stabilized
      PSU, with similar results.

      Actually I already got a new NSLU, a local shop had few of them
      on shelf with dirty price of 81 EUR. The new one is manufactured
      09/2008 and has so far been running with SlugOS as expected.

      Still, any suggestions on my problem with the first one are
      very welcome!

      BR & Happy -10,

      Ari K