Cups print server

  • Rob F
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2009
      I'm planning to buy myself a cheap laser printer for home, and I've found a HP P1005 at a good price.  I want to set up a printserver on my slug, and share printer on my home network.  There is no direct Cups compatibility for this printer, but you can get Cups to print to this printer with a little effort. See http://foo2xqx.rkkda.com/%c2%a0 Since the slug isn't as robust as some of the other distros of Linux, does the slug have what is needed to do this.  Looks like all I need is a compiler.  Thoughts?