SV: [nslu2-general] Re: NSLU is making high frequency noise

  • Henrik Fransson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2009
      Hi again,

      This coil is probably a part of a DC/DC step down converter, to generate a
      lower voltage than 5V.
      It could be a mechanical fault on the coil, that makes it vibrate when the
      DC/DC converter is running chopped DC current through it.

      Maybe try add a small droplet of glue if you find any part of the coil that
      is responsible for the noise.

      Is your NSLU working normally except for the noise?

      /Henrik

      _____