Re: NSLU2 availablity

  • sam_m_reed
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
      Nope, they are end of line/end of life (EOL)

      Most people are buying SheevaPlugs now, though, some NSLU2's can be bought on eBay and alike.

      http://openplug.org/

      Sam

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "llampje" <llampje@...> wrote:

      > Dear Group,
      >
      > I tried today to order some new nslu2 units.
      > My supplier told me they where out of stock, and he could not deliver them anymore.
      >
      > Does anyone know if the nslu2 is still produced (or in stock) by linksys ?
      >
      > Does anyone have a supplier ?
      > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
      > We are located in the Netherlands.
      >
      > Peter

    • Joel Gebhart
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
        The NSLU was discontinued by Linksys in 2008
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2

        You can still buy them new and used, though it looks like prices are
        creeping up slowly
        http://www.google.com/products?q=nslu2&aq=f

      • Frank Reijn
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
          Not for price you gave but still available in the netherlands !

          http://www.vergelijk.nl/harddisk/linksys/nslu2/

          Vriendelijke groeten,

          Kind Regards,

          Frank Reijn

          frank@...

          www.reijn.com

          __________|__________

          \ \_^_/ /

          __\___{_+_}___/__

          :/ \:

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009

            The NSLU2 was discontinued in the spring of 2008, more than 18 months ago.

            Paul Hutch

            > Does anyone have a supplier ?
            > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
            > We are located in the Netherlands.
            >
            > Peter
          • gamesharkmike
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
              What's a SheevaPlug? Another USB NAS?

              Does it support USB devices with multiple drives? For example, my PSP Go shows up as two drives, one for it's 16 GB Internal storage and one for the M2 (Memory Stick 2) reader. My NSLU2 doesn't pick it up, it didn't pick up my last MP4 player with internal storage and a card reader either...

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sam_m_reed" <sam@...> wrote:

              > Nope, they are end of line/end of life (EOL)
              >
              > Most people are buying SheevaPlugs now, though, some NSLU2's can be bought on eBay and alike.
              >
              > http://openplug.org/
              >

              > Sam
              >

              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "llampje" <llampje@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Dear Group,
              > >
              > > I tried today to order some new nslu2 units.
              > > My supplier told me they where out of stock, and he could not deliver them anymore.
              > >
              > > Does anyone know if the nslu2 is still produced (or in stock) by linksys ?
              > >
              > > Does anyone have a supplier ?
              > > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
              > > We are located in the Netherlands.
              > >
              > > Peter

            • david_eyreuk
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 28, 2009
                Try looking over the border in .de land. Several suppliers showing through a 'shopping' search on google.de - seem to be priced 70-90 EUR