NSLU2 availablity

  • llampje
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
      Dear Group,

      I tried today to order some new nslu2 units.
      My supplier told me they where out of stock, and he could not deliver them anymore.

      Does anyone know if the nslu2 is still produced (or in stock) by linksys ?

      Does anyone have a supplier ?
      I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
      We are located in the Netherlands.

      Peter
    • Gregg C Levine
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
        Hello!
        Do you mind if I ask which supplier you chose? It happens that I buy a heck
        of a lot of electronics via Amazon (then from Staples). I suggest you try
        searching the localized Amazon pages to see if you will have (much) better
        luck there.

        And I still suspect someone at LinkSys (before they were officially part of
        Cisco) to be morally bankrupt for discontinuing the NSLU2 before they had an
        actual replacement.

        (Just my opinions and valid only in the US.)
        --
        Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...

        On
        > Behalf Of llampje
        > Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:39 AM
        > To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 availablity
        >
        > Dear Group,
        >
        > I tried today to order some new nslu2 units.
        > My supplier told me they where out of stock, and he could not deliver them
        anymore.

        > Does anyone know if the nslu2 is still produced (or in stock) by linksys ?
        >
        > Does anyone have a supplier ?
        > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
        > We are located in the Netherlands.
        >
        > Peter
      • sam_m_reed
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
          Nope, they are end of line/end of life (EOL)

          Most people are buying SheevaPlugs now, though, some NSLU2's can be bought on eBay and alike.

          http://openplug.org/

          Sam

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "llampje" <llampje@...> wrote:

          > Dear Group,
          >
          > I tried today to order some new nslu2 units.
          > My supplier told me they where out of stock, and he could not deliver them anymore.
          >
          > Does anyone know if the nslu2 is still produced (or in stock) by linksys ?
          >
          > Does anyone have a supplier ?
          > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
          > We are located in the Netherlands.
          >
          > Peter

        • Joel Gebhart
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
            The NSLU was discontinued by Linksys in 2008
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2

            You can still buy them new and used, though it looks like prices are
            creeping up slowly
            http://www.google.com/products?q=nslu2&aq=f

          • Frank Reijn
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
              Not for price you gave but still available in the netherlands !

              http://www.vergelijk.nl/harddisk/linksys/nslu2/

              Vriendelijke groeten,

              Kind Regards,

              Frank Reijn

              frank@...

              www.reijn.com

              __________|__________

              \ \_^_/ /

              __\___{_+_}___/__

              :/ \:

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009

                The NSLU2 was discontinued in the spring of 2008, more than 18 months ago.

                Paul Hutch

                > Does anyone have a supplier ?
                > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
                > We are located in the Netherlands.
                >
                > Peter
              • gamesharkmike
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 25, 2009
                  What's a SheevaPlug? Another USB NAS?

                  Does it support USB devices with multiple drives? For example, my PSP Go shows up as two drives, one for it's 16 GB Internal storage and one for the M2 (Memory Stick 2) reader. My NSLU2 doesn't pick it up, it didn't pick up my last MP4 player with internal storage and a card reader either...

                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sam_m_reed" <sam@...> wrote:

                  > Nope, they are end of line/end of life (EOL)
                  >
                  > Most people are buying SheevaPlugs now, though, some NSLU2's can be bought on eBay and alike.
                  >
                  > http://openplug.org/
                  >

                  > Sam
                  >

                  > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "llampje" <llampje@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Dear Group,
                  > >
                  > > I tried today to order some new nslu2 units.
                  > > My supplier told me they where out of stock, and he could not deliver them anymore.
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone know if the nslu2 is still produced (or in stock) by linksys ?
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone have a supplier ?
                  > > I nomaly pay about 60-65 Euro excluding Vat.
                  > > We are located in the Netherlands.
                  > >
                  > > Peter

                • david_eyreuk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 28, 2009
                    Try looking over the border in .de land. Several suppliers showing through a 'shopping' search on google.de - seem to be priced 70-90 EUR