Novice - Need Help!!

  • pmptg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
      I've had my NSLU2 unslung previously but was having problems setting up my Media Server and decided to start over from scratch. Everything seemed to have gone alright (I'm using 6.8 Beta). Booted up, got into GUI, telnet enable, telnetted in, after root, uNSLUng I get "No Directory, logging in with Home =/, Welcome to unslung v2.3R63 - uNSLUng 6.8 Beta. I connect my disc (disk1) check GUI, format Ext3, unsling disk1, waiting for /share/hdd/data and it then goes through countdown and fails to unsling. The fact that it is 1:00am and my brains are fried might be contributing to it but if there are any suggestions I'd be greatful.

      Thanks,

      Paul
    • Paul Carmichael
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
        > I've had my NSLU2 unslung previously but was having problems setting up my Media
        > Server and decided to start over from scratch. Everything seemed to have gone
        > alright (I'm using 6.8 Beta). Booted up, got into GUI, telnet enable, telnetted
        > in, after root, uNSLUng I get "No Directory, logging in with Home =/, Welcome to
        > unslung v2.3R63 - uNSLUng 6.8 Beta. I connect my disc (disk1) check GUI, format
        > Ext3, unsling disk1, waiting for /share/hdd/data and it then goes through
        > countdown and fails to unsling.

        Personally, I've tried several times to format a disk with the slug, but it always failed (it says "formatting", but never completes). Best to format it on another linux box.

        Paul.
      • JimG
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2009
          I'm running stock firmware 2.3R76. I don't have any other systems running Linux. The Slug will take ~2 hours for every 100gig drive space that needs formatting to EXT3, so it helps to be patient. It's too bad that NSLU2 doesn't provide an ongoing status of the formatting process. HTH, J