Re: Firmware for Print server

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2009
      I think a solution is here:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/InstallCups

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wts_it_club" <cs33@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Thanks for the reply.
      > I've followed the instructions on the page. But when I try to start cups I get this
      >
      > insmod: error inserting '/opt/lib/modules/printer.o': -1 Invalid module format
      > cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
      >
      > How do I fix this?
      > Thank you (:
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello, you can use whatever, unslung, debian if printserver is what you will use your slug för,
      > > read here:
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wts_it_club" <cs33@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi, I just got a NSLU2 and was wondering what would be the best firmware to use if I want to use the NSLU2 as a print server.
      > > > Thanks (:

    • wts_it_club
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2009
        Thanks for the link. I've managed to eliminate that problem but now I still can't access the cups web page at 192.167.1.77:631
        After some searching i found this in the cups log file.

        I [24/Oct/1935:23:13:05 +0000] Listening to 0.0.0.0:631 on fd 4...
        E [24/Oct/1935:23:13:05 +0000] Unable to open listen socket for address :::631 - Address family not supported by protocol.
        I [24/Oct/1935:23:13:05 +0000] Resuming new connection processing...

        What do you think I shoud do?
        Thanks

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@...> wrote:

        > I think a solution is here:
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/InstallCups
        >

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "wts_it_club" <cs33@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, Thanks for the reply.
        > > I've followed the instructions on the page. But when I try to start cups I get this
        > >
        > > insmod: error inserting '/opt/lib/modules/printer.o': -1 Invalid module format
        > > cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
        > >
        > > How do I fix this?
        > > Thank you (:
        > >
        > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello, you can use whatever, unslung, debian if printserver is what you will use your slug för,
        > > > read here:
        > > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter

      • Paul Carmichael
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2009
          I spent absolutely ages setting mine up about 2 years ago. I was up all night pulling my hair out and almost threw the slug in the rubbish. However, I eventually got it working on a mixed network (linux and windows) and it's been fine ever since. Truth is though, I can't remember what I did, and when I try to remember, I get all nervous and start shouting at the wife. So all I can offer to do is show my config files as they are now working perfectly (including samba - I couldn't get the XP box to print via ipp).

          Remind me which files they are, and I'll stick them on a web site.