Re: python question

  • creisor
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17 9:08 AM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "beerman_wendel" <beerman_wendel@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      > I installed package python on my SlugOS 5.3 slug.
      > started a python program:

      > "ImportError: No module named platform"
      >
      > I have absolutely no clue as how python works. May be this is a basic configuration thing that I have to do first ...
      >
      > The python program has the task to go to web-address, download a bunch of xml pages and convert them to http.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Rigas

      Platform is a standard module for a Python installation. Try doing a "find" to locate the file "platform.py." If it's not there, try re-installing Python.

      You might also check the PYTHONPATH variable for the user attempting to run the script. Try setting it to the location of your python libs (the directory where you found the platform.py file).

      Something like:
      export PYTHONPATH="/some/path/lib/python"