Re: [nslu2-general] python question

  • Harsh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2009
      This is more a python question than an NSLU2 question.

      I think whatever script you're running probably has an "import platform" statement in it somewhere. Its looking to load a module that doesn't seem to be on your system - either the search path for the standard modules is messed up or your installation is faulty.

      cheers,

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2009
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "beerman_wendel" <beerman_wendel@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        > I installed package python on my SlugOS 5.3 slug.
        > started a python program:

        > "ImportError: No module named platform"
        >
        > I have absolutely no clue as how python works. May be this is a basic configuration thing that I have to do first ...
        >
        > The python program has the task to go to web-address, download a bunch of xml pages and convert them to http.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Rigas

        Platform is a standard module for a Python installation. Try doing a "find" to locate the file "platform.py." If it's not there, try re-installing Python.

        You might also check the PYTHONPATH variable for the user attempting to run the script. Try setting it to the location of your python libs (the directory where you found the platform.py file).

        Something like:
        export PYTHONPATH="/some/path/lib/python"