Re: [nslu2-general] Everything works fine, but the status led keeps blinking

  • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8 7:24 PM
      salvaleuven wrote:
      > Hello, i'm dazzled with this situation: I've the slug working fine, i use rtorrent and ushare regularly, share files and folders perfect...but the status led is always blinking green, and it never beeps back from a reboot. I repeat: everything works fine except that blinking light.
      >
      > My configuration: NSLU2 with a 640 GB USB disk on USB port #2. UNSLUNG.
      >
      > I assure i've been searching google for months, sorry if this is a bit simple.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Salvador

      This would indicate that it never successfully completes the startup
      process.

      There is no easy way to figure out where its stuck without a serial
      console to view the messages from startup. You'll need to examine your
      startup scripts for problems. An easy way to do this would be to move
      any diversion scripts and the scripts in /opt/etc/init.d to some other
      directory, one-by-one, and see when the boot starts to work again.

      A better solution, assuming you are comfortable editing the startup
      scripts would be to add echo statements to write log messages to each
      one, in order to find out where it stops during the boot.

      Mike (mwester)
    • salvaleuven
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9 9:14 AM
        Hi, Mike

        Thanks a lot. I did try what you suggested, and it was the S99rtorrent script in /opt/etc/init.d who was somehow causing problems. I moved it to another folder, and it did the trick, for first time in months, my nslu2 beeped and the status light stayed solid greeen.

        What i don't know is the consequences of removing this script, but all is working fine anyway.

        Thanks a lot, sincerely.

        Salvador