RE: [nslu2-general] Dead power brick

  • Urban Cubbage
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2009
      Alan,

      The specs you gave off of the brick indicates that it is 5 volts 2 amp. So
      any 5 volt brick with same plug that is rated for 2 amp or above will work.
      I have replaced my brick twice and got a 5 volt 3 amp the last time and it
      has worked without a problem since. I have also put the brick on a UPS for
      protection of it.

      Urban

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2009
        How about one of the following:

        1) http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48908

        2) http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrical-Power/Power-Supplies/Plug-In-PSUs/15W-Mini-plugtop-switch-mode-PSU/71059/kw/85-2900?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps

        3) http://www.poweradaptorsuk.co.uk/index.php?cat=5_volt_adaptors

        4) http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=48517&C=SO&U=Strat15

        I am personally using "4)" from above to run my slug after its PSU failed
        and it has been working fine for over a year, but it isn't the cheapest option

        So if you wanted to go for "2)" then you may need to change the DC power plug/connector for one that is a different size.
        You can either re-use the plug/lead from your dead PSU.
        Or you can buy one of: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=43084&C=SO&U=Strat15

        Cheers
        Ian W.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 10, 2009
          Thanks Ian, that was exactly the sort of recommendations I was looking for.

          Cheers,
          Alan.