RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Disk dead after reboot

  • Urban Cubbage
    Message 1 of 12 , May 13, 2009
      You have just identified that the drive enclosure is bad. You can buy a
      drive enclosure and put that drive into it. I have bought several over the
      years with cost starting at $15.00 and up. Make sure you buy one that is
      self powered since an unpowered enclosure will cause troubles with the slog.

      Urban

      Message 2 of 12 , May 15, 2009
        I would think the power supply cannot supply enough current to start spinning the platters.

        Make sure any replacement power supply is the same output voltage and the current is the same or more.

        Bob