Re: Device side USB

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 10 , May 13, 2009
      A contact who did get it to work sent me the compiled ko files -

      pxa2xx_udc.ko
      g_ether.ko
      g_file_storage.ko
      gadgetfs.ko
      g_serial.ko

      and

      openwrt-nslu2-2.6-squashfs.bin

      for the Slug

      I have got some action from these when I plug into my Mac and a Win PC but no real success yet. It could well be my lack of Linux knowledge.

      If you have a board wired for Gadget USB you may like to see if they run for you.

      My notes of progress so far are here -

      http://www.sunspot.co.uk/Projects/SWEEX/slug/SlugUSBDevice/slug_usb_device.html

      Please have a go!

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, jrnosee@... wrote:

      > I've been working on this on SlugOS off and on for a few years. It keeps
      > eluding me. I had it working once...briefly on uClinux w/ a 2.4 kernel. My
      > problem is that I can never remember how to get the modules built and on the
      > device properly.

    • Graham
      Message 2 of 10 , May 14, 2009
        I followed
        http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/file_storage.html
        to prepare the Slug

        My Macintosh Disk Utility reports -

        Name : Linux File-Stor Gadget Media
        Type : Disk

        Partition Map Scheme : Unformatted
        Disk Identifier : disk2
        Media Name : Linux File-Stor Gadget Media
        Media Type : Generic
        Connection Bus : USB
        USB Serial Number : 3238204E6F76
        Device Tree : /PCI0@0/USB4@1D,3/@4:0
        Locked : Yes
        Writable : No
        Ejectable : Yes
        Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
        Location : External
        Total Capacity : 512 KB (524,288 Bytes)
        S.M.A.R.T. Status : Not Supported
        Disk Number : 2
        Partition Number : 0

        For a flash memory stick the Mac reports -

        Name : Corsair Flash Voyager Media
        Type : Disk

        Partition Map Scheme : Master Boot Record
        Disk Identifier : disk2
        Media Name : Corsair Flash Voyager Media
        Media Type : Generic
        Connection Bus : USB
        Device Tree : /PCI0@0/USB7@1D,7/@4:0
        Writable : Yes
        Ejectable : Yes
        Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
        Location : External
        Total Capacity : 1.9 GB (2,051,014,656 Bytes)
        S.M.A.R.T. Status : Not Supported
        Disk Number : 2
        Partition Number : 0