RE: Device side USB

  • jrnosee@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2009
      I've been working on this on SlugOS off and on for a few years. It keeps
      eluding me. I had it working once...briefly on uClinux w/ a 2.4 kernel. My
      problem is that I can never remember how to get the modules built and on the
      device properly.

    • Graham
      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2009
        A contact who did get it to work sent me the compiled ko files -

        pxa2xx_udc.ko
        g_ether.ko
        g_file_storage.ko
        gadgetfs.ko
        g_serial.ko

        and

        openwrt-nslu2-2.6-squashfs.bin

        for the Slug

        I have got some action from these when I plug into my Mac and a Win PC but no real success yet. It could well be my lack of Linux knowledge.

        If you have a board wired for Gadget USB you may like to see if they run for you.

        My notes of progress so far are here -

        http://www.sunspot.co.uk/Projects/SWEEX/slug/SlugUSBDevice/slug_usb_device.html

        Please have a go!

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, jrnosee@... wrote:

        > I've been working on this on SlugOS off and on for a few years. It keeps
        > eluding me. I had it working once...briefly on uClinux w/ a 2.4 kernel. My
        > problem is that I can never remember how to get the modules built and on the
        > device properly.

      • Graham
        Message 3 of 10 , May 14, 2009
          I followed
          http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/file_storage.html
          to prepare the Slug

          My Macintosh Disk Utility reports -

          Name : Linux File-Stor Gadget Media
          Type : Disk

          Partition Map Scheme : Unformatted
          Disk Identifier : disk2
          Media Name : Linux File-Stor Gadget Media
          Media Type : Generic
          Connection Bus : USB
          USB Serial Number : 3238204E6F76
          Device Tree : /PCI0@0/USB4@1D,3/@4:0
          Locked : Yes
          Writable : No
          Ejectable : Yes
          Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
          Location : External
          Total Capacity : 512 KB (524,288 Bytes)
          S.M.A.R.T. Status : Not Supported
          Disk Number : 2
          Partition Number : 0

          For a flash memory stick the Mac reports -

          Name : Corsair Flash Voyager Media
          Type : Disk

          Partition Map Scheme : Master Boot Record
          Disk Identifier : disk2
          Media Name : Corsair Flash Voyager Media
          Media Type : Generic
          Connection Bus : USB
          Device Tree : /PCI0@0/USB7@1D,7/@4:0
          Writable : Yes
          Ejectable : Yes
          Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
          Location : External
          Total Capacity : 1.9 GB (2,051,014,656 Bytes)
          S.M.A.R.T. Status : Not Supported
          Disk Number : 2
          Partition Number : 0