RE: RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Device side USB

  • Vamvakaris Michalis
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2009
      Hello,

      i think you are trying something like this:
      which i have tried some years ago. I just went the hardware way.

    • Graham
      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2009
        This is proving difficult for a non Linux expert!

        I wonder if anyone who got it to run in the past has a copy of
        openwrt-nslu2-2.6-squashfs.bin
        on their backup disk that can be loaded onto a Slug via upslug2 and make it act as a USB gadget.

        I could host it for others to use.

        http://www.sunspot.co.uk
      • jrnosee@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 12, 2009
          I've been working on this on SlugOS off and on for a few years. It keeps
          eluding me. I had it working once...briefly on uClinux w/ a 2.4 kernel. My
          problem is that I can never remember how to get the modules built and on the
          device properly.

        • Graham
          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2009
            A contact who did get it to work sent me the compiled ko files -

            pxa2xx_udc.ko
            g_ether.ko
            g_file_storage.ko
            gadgetfs.ko
            g_serial.ko

            and

            openwrt-nslu2-2.6-squashfs.bin

            for the Slug

            I have got some action from these when I plug into my Mac and a Win PC but no real success yet. It could well be my lack of Linux knowledge.

            If you have a board wired for Gadget USB you may like to see if they run for you.

            My notes of progress so far are here -

            http://www.sunspot.co.uk/Projects/SWEEX/slug/SlugUSBDevice/slug_usb_device.html

            Please have a go!

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, jrnosee@... wrote:

            > I've been working on this on SlugOS off and on for a few years. It keeps
            > eluding me. I had it working once...briefly on uClinux w/ a 2.4 kernel. My
            > problem is that I can never remember how to get the modules built and on the
            > device properly.

          • Graham
            Message 5 of 10 , May 14, 2009
              I followed
              http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/file_storage.html
              to prepare the Slug

              My Macintosh Disk Utility reports -

              Name : Linux File-Stor Gadget Media
              Type : Disk

              Partition Map Scheme : Unformatted
              Disk Identifier : disk2
              Media Name : Linux File-Stor Gadget Media
              Media Type : Generic
              Connection Bus : USB
              USB Serial Number : 3238204E6F76
              Device Tree : /PCI0@0/USB4@1D,3/@4:0
              Locked : Yes
              Writable : No
              Ejectable : Yes
              Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
              Location : External
              Total Capacity : 512 KB (524,288 Bytes)
              S.M.A.R.T. Status : Not Supported
              Disk Number : 2
              Partition Number : 0

              For a flash memory stick the Mac reports -

              Name : Corsair Flash Voyager Media
              Type : Disk

              Partition Map Scheme : Master Boot Record
              Disk Identifier : disk2
              Media Name : Corsair Flash Voyager Media
              Media Type : Generic
              Connection Bus : USB
              Device Tree : /PCI0@0/USB7@1D,7/@4:0
              Writable : Yes
              Ejectable : Yes
              Mac OS 9 Drivers Installed : No
              Location : External
              Total Capacity : 1.9 GB (2,051,014,656 Bytes)
              S.M.A.R.T. Status : Not Supported
              Disk Number : 2
              Partition Number : 0