How to set up 2nd USB drive for FTP access

  • iainjh
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2009
      Hi

      This is likely so basic a question and answer I'm a little embarrassed, but here goes.I have added a second USB HD to my NSLU2 running unslung 6.8. Following this wiki page:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/3orMoreEXT3DrivesWithAUSBHub

      Both drives work perfectly, with read and write with SAMBA and are accessible from Windows, OS X etc

      But I can only access 1 of the drives from FTP. When I browse from FTP, I can see the 2nd drive on /dev/sdb1 (shows as DISK1)

      but I cannot FTP browse or even see the /dev/sdb2 drive at all. (I can see a DISK2 but I think that points to the USB flash key the device is unslung to.)

      Please can someone tell me the rc or conf? file to edit and how to fix this little issue? Surely it's not configured from the web gui (cant work that out) Or, is it permissions I've overlooked?

      thanks in advance :)

      Iain