Running NUT (Network UPS Tools) on a SLUG

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      Due to a recent upgrade of my office NAS to a more powerful QNAP
      appliance, I now find myself looking for ways to reuse my little slug.

      I'm wanting to convert the slug into an UPS monitoring device for the
      network using the NUT package. My hope is to setup the system in such
      a way the entire things boots off the internal flash and I don't need
      any external storage devices to boot the slug.

      Which firmware will give me the best chance of booting NUT right off
      the main flash? Please note I have no way to cross/native compile the
      package so it has to be available for that firmware.

      Also, if it's absolutely not possible, I still have my old DebianSlug
      install around to work off of.

      --
      Drew

      --Marie Curie