Re: nslu2 compatibility database

  • mobybit
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2009
      Yep, this is the place that several other pages external to this group
      reference : http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/database .
      For instance : http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/ListsOfDriveEnclosuresChipsetsAndDriveCombinationsThatWork .

      However, when I try to navigate to the page I get this message :
      "You are not a moderator of the group nslu2-general."

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@...> wrote:

      > sorry my wrong.
      >

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "ncnrick" <rkelly@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI, this group contains no such databas.
      > > > but try a search
      > > >
      > > > try to search here to
      > > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
      > > >

      > > According to www.nslu2-linux.org this group should contain such a compatability database.
      > > Check http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/ListsOfDriveEnclosuresChipsetsAndDriveCombinationsThatWork
      > >
      > > Maybe the database is still under construction.
      > >
      > > Rick.

    • mobybit
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 24, 2009
        Several people have apparently found a database at
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/database . This is
        referenced in other forums such as
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/ListsOfDriveEnclosuresChipsetsAndDr\
        iveCombinationsThatWork .

        However, when I go there I get this message : "You are not a moderator
        of the group nslu2-general. "

        What's your result for going to that database page ?

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@...> wrote:

        > sorry my wrong.

      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 26, 2009
          I can see it cause Im a moderator. I tried to change the policy but I dont think it will work for users, but try again.
          As a user I cant see the database-link.
          I also tried to copy the relevant part into a html plaintext but it
          didnt work to well.,its more or less unreadable that way=(.
          anyway here it is
          http://wshavsskogen.ownit.nu/slugdb.html

          I have no more time working with it.

          sorry maybe the groupowner can fix this issue.
          Another problem for me is: groupowner dont answer my emails....

          have a good time=)

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mobybit" <mobybit@...> wrote:

          > Several people have apparently found a database at
          > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/database . This is
          > referenced in other forums such as
          > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/ListsOfDriveEnclosuresChipsetsAndDr\
          > iveCombinationsThatWork .
          >
          > However, when I go there I get this message : "You are not a moderator
          > of the group nslu2-general. "
          >
          > What's your result for going to that database page ?
          >

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@> wrote:
          > >
          > > sorry my wrong.

        • Mike (mwester)
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 27, 2009
            I think that it should be apparent by now that the database is quite
            out-of-date, and that it's probably not useful any longer (else someone
            would have fixed this a long time ago!).

            The USB enclosure compatibility is a function of software, not hardware.
            SlugOS, OpenWRT, and Debian are recent kernels, and you'll find that if
            it works on the desktop, it'll work with the NSLU2. Unslung still has
            restrictions, and perhaps a copy of that information might be useful for
            Unslung users?

            Moving that to the wiki is on the list of things to address, but I can't
            promise when that info would be available. Volunteers to do this are
            happily accepted.

            -Mike (mwester)

            janne5011 wrote:
            > I can see it cause Im a moderator. I tried to change the policy but I dont think it will work for users, but try again.
            > As a user I cant see the database-link.
            > I also tried to copy the relevant part into a html plaintext but it
            > didnt work to well.,its more or less unreadable that way=(.
            > anyway here it is
            > http://wshavsskogen.ownit.nu/slugdb.html
            >
            > I have no more time working with it.
            >
            > sorry maybe the groupowner can fix this issue.
            > Another problem for me is: groupowner dont answer my emails....
            >
            > have a good time=)
            >

            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mobybit" <mobybit@...> wrote:
            >> Several people have apparently found a database at
            >> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/database . This is
            >> referenced in other forums such as
            >> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/ListsOfDriveEnclosuresChipsetsAndDr\
            >> iveCombinationsThatWork .
            >>
            >> However, when I go there I get this message : "You are not a moderator
            >> of the group nslu2-general. "
            >>
            >> What's your result for going to that database page ?
            >>

            >> --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@> wrote:
            >>> sorry my wrong.

          • Rod Whitby
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 27, 2009
              janne5011 wrote:
              > sorry maybe the groupowner can fix this issue.
              > Another problem for me is: groupowner dont answer my emails....

              I'm not the group owner, but I had enough access to change the database
              to be readable to group members.

              -- Rod