RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Marvell donates a SheevaPlug

  • Gregg C Levine
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 7 6:30 PM
      Hello!
      And as it happens you forgot an ARM based port of Slackware (Unofficial as
      it happens.) Which will be my selected one.

      I meant what I plan on bringing to it. Over on the OWFS list there was
      discussion regarding using the device for that purpose, however the single
      USB port is considered to be the big problem for that process.

      Well anyway, RSN is the key phrase here.
      --
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...

      On
      > Behalf Of David Given
      > Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:06 AM
      > To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Marvell donates a SheevaPlug
      >
      > Gregg C Levine wrote:
      > > Hello!
      > > To quote a certain individual who reminds me of a certain individual
      "Works
      > > for me!".
      > >
      > > I've been planning on getting one of the developer's kits as soon as the
      > > little devils were announced. (About the only problem was in figuring
      what I
      > > plan on running on it.)
      >
      > Well, I've just ordered one, and I know *exactly* what I want to run on
      > it...
      >
      > It does look as if a port would be pretty much trivial; it's already got
      > a Linux kernel and runs Ubuntu (Jaunty Jackalope), so any of the
      > Unslung/SlugOS LE userlands should Just Work.
      >
      > Incidentally, have you spotted the serial console hooked up (via a
      > built-in USB-Serial converter) to the USB device socket on the side?
      > Very neat! You may also be interested to know that this device (the
      > exact shape and size as a USB phone charger, and would actually work as
      > one) has about the same spec as a high-end PC from 2002.
      >
      > - --
      > David Given
      > dg@...

    • Hanneke & Paul Brandt
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 25 10:07 AM

        Just ran into this one, http://fit-pc2.com, a very small, very slim,
        noiseless, ultra low power (8W), very performing (1.1 GHz, 1GB internal
        RAM), system. Very new as well (they start to accept orders from April
        2009).

        Current price for the diskless, OS-less version: $245

        -- Paul

      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 27 , May 1, 2009
          This was interesting for me, and maybe more slugowners

          its about a project:
          porting debian=)

          http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/nslu2-killer