multiple shares in NSLU2 webinterface

  • svankranen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      I have a 40 Gb fat32 drive at port 1, unSLUng 6.8 beta.
      In the NSLU2 webinterface it shows multiple instances of this drive as
      HDD_1_1_1: 25x or so.
      It appears to grow with every reboot, but it doesn't seems to hinder
      any of the services I'm running (ssh, sftp, twonky, transmission).
      Still it annoys me;(
      Anyone any idea what's doing that?

      thnx!
    • Kevan Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "svankranen" <svankranen@...>
        wrote:

        > I have a 40 Gb fat32 drive at port 1, unSLUng 6.8 beta.
        > In the NSLU2 webinterface it shows multiple instances of this drive as
        > HDD_1_1_1: 25x or so.
        > It appears to grow with every reboot, but it doesn't seems to hinder
        > any of the services I'm running (ssh, sftp, twonky, transmission).
        > Still it annoys me;(
        > Anyone any idea what's doing that?
        >
        > thnx!

        Are you uNSLUng to that drive? I thought the drive you unsling to had
        to be formatted ext3?
      • Mike (mwester)
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
          svankranen wrote:
          > I have a 40 Gb fat32 drive at port 1, unSLUng 6.8 beta.
          > In the NSLU2 webinterface it shows multiple instances of this drive as
          > HDD_1_1_1: 25x or so.
          > It appears to grow with every reboot, but it doesn't seems to hinder
          > any of the services I'm running (ssh, sftp, twonky, transmission).
          > Still it annoys me;(
          > Anyone any idea what's doing that?

          This is a known bug that was fixed in 6.10. IIRC, a solution to this
          for 6.8 was also sent to either this or the nslu2-linux mailing list in
          the past, so a search of those archives should come up with the answer.

          Mike