Re: Bricked NSLU2 ?

  • sdm485
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
      The power supply has probably died but the NSLU2 is OK. You could connect a voltmeter
      to the ends to see what is there. I would be careful about the replacement power supply
      though. The NSLU2 feeds the power supply voltage directly to the USB ports (so it can drive
      USB hard drives I expect) so the voltage is important. I would suggest you get a similar
      regulated 5V supply. The ones that come with USB hubs are a good choice but you would
      have to change the connector.
      Steve

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Harsh Baste" <harshbaste@...> wrote:

      > I recently brought along my NSLU2 from the US and plugged it into a
      > power socket in Singapore. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to
      > the power adaptor rating and it turns out that the adaptor doesn't
      > step down the input supply current from 230V/60Hz (Asia) to 110V/50Hz
      > (US).
      >
      > The NSLU2 doesn't power up of course but what I'm more worried about
      > is - have I bricked the NSLU2 or just bricked the power adapter?
      >
      > Any assistance would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,

    • Harsh Baste
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
        I managed to find myself a 5V 3A power supply and everything is just
        fine. Thank god the little bugger is still working :)

        -H

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sdm485" <steve@...> wrote:

        > The power supply has probably died but the NSLU2 is OK. You could
        connect a voltmeter
        > to the ends to see what is there. I would be careful about the
        replacement power supply
        > though. The NSLU2 feeds the power supply voltage directly to the USB
        ports (so it can drive
        > USB hard drives I expect) so the voltage is important. I would
        suggest you get a similar
        > regulated 5V supply. The ones that come with USB hubs are a good
        choice but you would
        > have to change the connector.
        > Steve
        >

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Harsh Baste" <harshbaste@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I recently brought along my NSLU2 from the US and plugged it into a
        > > power socket in Singapore. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to
        > > the power adaptor rating and it turns out that the adaptor doesn't
        > > step down the input supply current from 230V/60Hz (Asia) to 110V/50Hz
        > > (US).
        > >
        > > The NSLU2 doesn't power up of course but what I'm more worried about
        > > is - have I bricked the NSLU2 or just bricked the power adapter?
        > >
        > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
        > >
        > > Thanks,

      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
          The little bugger is indeed hard to get rid of=)