Safely Remove Drive?

  • donna foley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2005
      Normally when I attach USB drive to PC the drive material says it
      should be deinstalled first to not damage the data on the drive. I
      guess it moves the head somewhere so it wont do something bad if you
      disconnect the USB plug.

      The untility that comes with the NSLU2 is installed in my machine to
      Safely remove the drives...but the app....does not show any of the
      installded drives?

      Do you have this same issue. How do you unplug USB drive?
    • donna foley
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2005
        Ahhhh,..I guess this one is answered in the manual. YOu have to turn
        off the unit before disconnecting the USB to the HD.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "donna foley"