Re: [nslu2-general] Dead link on the slug wiki

  • Philip Tait
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
      How about the sentence in the paragraph two lines up from the bottom of
      the home page?

      On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 23:39 +0100, mathemat@... wrote:
      > > There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
      > Well, maybe i'm cockeyed... i can't find something like a password
      > there(?).
      >
      > The last sentence on the page reads: "This page is password protected.
      > If you need to add content to this page, then please post it to the
      > nslu2-linux mailing list.".
      > Thaz what i did. Seen no hint for a PW on
      > <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/>!
      >
      > Sorry with that! won't bother ya anymore... :-(
      > -- acend

    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
        Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.

        The front-page is protected with a secret password. 99.9% of other
        pages are simply protected with a password that everyone in the
        community can know, but we hope that casual spambots don't know.

        -- Rod

        mathemat@... wrote:
        >> There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
        > Well, maybe i'm cockeyed... i can't find something like a password there(?).
        >
        > The last sentence on the page reads: "This page is password protected. If you need to add content to this page, then please post it to the nslu2-linux mailing list.".
        > Thaz what i did. Seen no hint for a PW on <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/>!
        >
        > Sorry with that! won't bother ya anymore... :-(
        > -- acend

      • acend
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
          Rod Whitby <rod@...> writes:

          > Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.
          Uuh... yes... well... ;-)

          > The front-page is protected with a secret password.
          Thaz the point. The issue i adressed is on the very front page. So... seems to
          me like i can't do anything abt this... admin's job!

          Right? (Wrong?)
        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
            acend wrote:
            > Rod Whitby <rod@...> writes:
            >
            >> Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.
            > Uuh... yes... well... ;-)
            >
            >> The front-page is protected with a secret password.
            > Thaz the point. The issue i adressed is on the very front page. So... seems to
            > me like i can't do anything abt this... admin's job!

            My apologies, acend. I read the first part of your initial message
            ("the Slug Wiki isn't editable") and kept that in my mind for the rest
            of the replies instead of dealing with the specific item you were
            correcting (which, as you correctly point out, is on the
            non-community-editable front page, as opposed to the rest of the wiki
            which is 99.9% community-editable).

            I've corrected the link. Thanks for reporting it.

            -- Rod