Re: [nslu2-general] Dead link on the slug wiki

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
      The nslu2-linux wiki is editable.
      There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
      -- Rod

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
        > There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
        Well, maybe i'm cockeyed... i can't find something like a password there(?).

        The last sentence on the page reads: "This page is password protected. If you need to add content to this page, then please post it to the nslu2-linux mailing list.".
        Thaz what i did. Seen no hint for a PW on <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/>!

        Sorry with that! won't bother ya anymore... :-(
        -- acend

        --
        Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
        für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
          How about the sentence in the paragraph two lines up from the bottom of
          the home page?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
            Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.

            The front-page is protected with a secret password. 99.9% of other
            pages are simply protected with a password that everyone in the
            community can know, but we hope that casual spambots don't know.

            -- Rod

            mathemat@... wrote:
            >> There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
            > Well, maybe i'm cockeyed... i can't find something like a password there(?).
            >
            > The last sentence on the page reads: "This page is password protected. If you need to add content to this page, then please post it to the nslu2-linux mailing list.".
            > Thaz what i did. Seen no hint for a PW on <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/>!
            >
            > Sorry with that! won't bother ya anymore... :-(
            > -- acend

          • acend
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
              Rod Whitby <rod@...> writes:

              > Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.
              Uuh... yes... well... ;-)

              > The front-page is protected with a secret password.
              Thaz the point. The issue i adressed is on the very front page. So... seems to
              me like i can't do anything abt this... admin's job!

              Right? (Wrong?)
            • Rod Whitby
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
                acend wrote:
                > Rod Whitby <rod@...> writes:
                >
                >> Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.
                > Uuh... yes... well... ;-)
                >
                >> The front-page is protected with a secret password.
                > Thaz the point. The issue i adressed is on the very front page. So... seems to
                > me like i can't do anything abt this... admin's job!

                My apologies, acend. I read the first part of your initial message
                ("the Slug Wiki isn't editable") and kept that in my mind for the rest
                of the replies instead of dealing with the specific item you were
                correcting (which, as you correctly point out, is on the
                non-community-editable front page, as opposed to the rest of the wiki
                which is 99.9% community-editable).

                I've corrected the link. Thanks for reporting it.

                -- Rod