Dead link on the slug wiki

  • acend
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
      Hithere,

      as the Slug Wiki isn't editable, some hint for the admin(s) there:
      The link following the cite from Mike Wagner (start page) is dead. It obviously
      should point to <http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/29774/77/1/1/>...

      Yes, i'm aware of this is not the most important thing to fix there, but...
      ym2c!
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
        The nslu2-linux wiki is editable.
        There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
        -- Rod

      • mathemat@gmx.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
          > There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
          Well, maybe i'm cockeyed... i can't find something like a password there(?).

          The last sentence on the page reads: "This page is password protected. If you need to add content to this page, then please post it to the nslu2-linux mailing list.".
          Thaz what i did. Seen no hint for a PW on <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/>!

          Sorry with that! won't bother ya anymore... :-(
          -- acend

          --
          Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
          für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
            How about the sentence in the paragraph two lines up from the bottom of
            the home page?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2009
              Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.

              The front-page is protected with a secret password. 99.9% of other
              pages are simply protected with a password that everyone in the
              community can know, but we hope that casual spambots don't know.

              -- Rod

              mathemat@... wrote:
              >> There is a password at the bottom of the home page.
              > Well, maybe i'm cockeyed... i can't find something like a password there(?).
              >
              > The last sentence on the page reads: "This page is password protected. If you need to add content to this page, then please post it to the nslu2-linux mailing list.".
              > Thaz what i did. Seen no hint for a PW on <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/>!
              >
              > Sorry with that! won't bother ya anymore... :-(
              > -- acend

            • acend
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
                Rod Whitby <rod@...> writes:

                > Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.
                Uuh... yes... well... ;-)

                > The front-page is protected with a secret password.
                Thaz the point. The issue i adressed is on the very front page. So... seems to
                me like i can't do anything abt this... admin's job!

                Right? (Wrong?)
              • Rod Whitby
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 14, 2009
                  acend wrote:
                  > Rod Whitby <rod@...> writes:
                  >
                  >> Please look two lines above that for the password for the rest of the wiki.
                  > Uuh... yes... well... ;-)
                  >
                  >> The front-page is protected with a secret password.
                  > Thaz the point. The issue i adressed is on the very front page. So... seems to
                  > me like i can't do anything abt this... admin's job!

                  My apologies, acend. I read the first part of your initial message
                  ("the Slug Wiki isn't editable") and kept that in my mind for the rest
                  of the replies instead of dealing with the specific item you were
                  correcting (which, as you correctly point out, is on the
                  non-community-editable front page, as opposed to the rest of the wiki
                  which is 99.9% community-editable).

                  I've corrected the link. Thanks for reporting it.

                  -- Rod