Re: [nslu2-general] A very basic question

  • tbon3
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2009
      Use useradd to make a new user that is not root, then log on to that account
      and run vlc

      The first time I did that VLC gave me a warning about DBus not being
      configured correctly,
      to fix this log on as root and run:
      "dbus-uuidgen --ensure"
      which will configure DBus, then vlc will work from the regular 'user'
      account

      thanku11a wrote:

      > How do I start VLC on NSLu
      > When I type
      > # vlc
      > I get the message
      > Vlc not supposed to be run from the root.
      >
      > What is the right command to start VLC so I can stream its output to DBox.

    • John O'Hare
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2009
        Thanks Ralph, it would be nice if who ever run our group could consider
        moving us away from Yahoo - we are quite a select group and wouldn't be
        too much of a burden to a virtual server somewhere.

        John.