FW: Yahoo Spyware - BEWARE

  • Ralph Finch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2009
      This comes from an aviation group I belong to that uses Yahoo Groups
      as we do. Scoundrels that they are, you are being tracked with every
      site you look at. Read this and do what you feel is best for you.

      If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be aware that Yahoo is now
      using "Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user.

      It's similar to cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and
      every group you visit, even when you're not visiting a Yahoo page.

      Look at their updated privacy statement at
      http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you'll see
      a link that says WEB BEACONS.

      Click on the phrase "Web Beacons."

      On the page that opens, on the left find a box entitled "Opt-Out.".

      In that section find "opt-out of interest-matched advertising" link
      that will let you "opt-out" of their snooping.

      Click it and then click the opt-out button on the next page.

      Note that Yahoo's invasion of your privacy - and your ability to
      opt-out of it - is not user-specific.

      It is MACHINE specific.

      That means you will have to opt-out on every computer (and browser)
      you use.