lease password harddisk

  • Etiennem
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hello,

      I have an nslu2 with an wd mybook 250gb harddisk.
      Now i would like to use the harddisk with data on another machine.
      How can i relase the password locks on the harddisk?

      greetings
      Etiennem
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
        On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 05:42 -0800, Etiennem wrote:

        > I have an nslu2 with an wd mybook 250gb harddisk.
        > Now i would like to use the harddisk with data on another machine.

        What for a filesystem is on the disk?
        What os runs the system you want to use the disk on?

        > How can i relase the password locks on the harddisk?

        There are no passwords on the disks unless you created encrypted
        filesystems on the disk. But in that case you would have known
        what you did because there is no default way to do that.

        --
        Marcel Nijenhof
        Optware package developer