icecast and reencoding on an nslu2?

  • sunking99
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      I'm looking for a little appliance that I can use for an icecast
      server along with downsampling. What I'd like is to be able to do is
      downsample 2 streams at a time on an nslu2. A 128K and a 256, as well
      as host the icecast on it. I'm tired of doing it on my desktop machine
      as it requires me to leave it on all the time. Is this hardware up to
      the task? I'm thinking it might not be, but maybe so.

      If its not, can anyone recommend some other appliance that might be
      able to do it? Thanks,