[nslu2-general] which HDD to use with unslung NSLU2?

  • dwl99
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2008
      I'm running a 2.5" 320GB Toshiba HDD in a bus-powered caddy as disk 1 on my
      unslung NSLU2. I was tempted to buy a 1TB WD MyBook external HDD which is
      fanless and has an external power supply. Surprisingly, I find the 2.5"
      bus-powered drive to be quite noisy.

      Can anyone comment about which drive they would recommend? Would the 2.5"
      drive be more susceptible to failure than a 3.5" one if they are both
      running constantly?

      Thanks a lot.