Question about JBOD enclosure

  • Michael Wenk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2008
      I have an NSLU2, and up until a cpl of months ago, I loved my slug.
      Then one my HDD enclosures failed and since then I have been unhappily
      slugless. I was running Unslung on 2 odd sized drives(1 80 GB and 1
      160 GB) I have decided to bring back my slug, but I'm gonna get new
      HDDs to do this. One thing I'm paying more attention to this time is
      how the thing looks, and I'd really like to either use a JBOD
      enclosure or stackable enclosures.

      Anyone have any good/bad things to say about JBOD enclosures? I was
      looking at Rosewill R2-JBOD enclosure, but there are others. From
      looking at others they all seem the same. So what do people think of
      these with the NSLU2? How does it behave? Do the drives appear
      singularly or do they appear as one disk?

      Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but I didn't find
      anything except generic information about these enclosures, which is
      useful and does make me more interested, I was curious about
      specifically to the slug what people have seen.

      Thanks!
      Mike